The legend of the lord’s clock
It is practically impossible to miss the city tower. It is interesting because of not only its baroque onion dome, but also the antique monuments in its walls. An attentive visitor will notice that the tower only has a clock on three sides. Citizens decided not to put a clock on the wall facing the castle as a sign of protest when the lords of the castle refused to pay their share. When the turret on St. George’s church burned down in the 17th century, the Church started using the city tower as the parish tower.
recorded in the town stature already in 1376
incorporated ancient monuments
baroque onion dome
Slovenski trg 14, 2250 Ptuj